Easter Egg Cozy Miniature Basket
- Ch 4. Sl st in first chain to form ring.
- 8 sc through center hole of ring. Sl st in 1st sc. Ch 1, turn. (8 st)
- *2 Sc in next st. 1 Sc in next st* repeat from * around. Sl st in 1st st, ch 1, turn. (12 st)
- Repeat row 3 (18 st)
- Repeat row 3 (27 st)
- Sc in back loop of each st around, ch 1, turn (27 st)
- Sc in each st around, ch 2, turn. (27 st)
- HDC in next 26 st. Join with sl st to top of ch 2. Ch 2, turn. (27 st)
- HDC in next 26 st. Join with sl st to top of ch 2. Ch 3 turn. (27 st)
- Sl st in next st. Turn
- Sc in first sc space, ch 1. Turn
- *Sc in st, ch 1 turn* repeat from * 8 times. Sc in st
- Join handle with other side of basket with a sl st in 13th st from other basket handle. Ch 3
- With outside of basket facing, join handle and basket rim with sl st in next sc on basket rim
Finishing: Sl st around entire rim and both sides of handle. Weave in ends.
With first accent color, thread yarn needle with a double strand of yarn. Weave both strands through posts of the top row of HDC’s fasten and trim. With second accent color doubled and threaded in yarn needle, weave strands through posts on bottom row of HDC’s, fasten and trim. Weave in any loose ends. Sew buttons onto basket handle ends.
Filling: The photos may give you some ideas for filling the baskets, though any small holiday or occasion themed candies or treats would work. Try pastel candy coated almonds, wrapped hard candies, or home baked cookies or chocolates. I used some chocolate covered malted milk balls in one photo, and a large hardboiled egg in another. These would also fit jumbo eggs. The filler I used is made from some shredded craft paper confetti. For a fancy party favor, add craft gift tags and secure with satin ribbon or raffia bows.